Health Insurance – Your Future Protected
It’s that time of year again-open enrollment has begun.You have until January 15, 2023, to apply for new health coverage or change your health plan for 2023. If you enroll by December 15, 2022, your coverage will begin January 1, 2023. Please note that under a new law, more people quality for health coverage. You may find that if you did not qualify for coverage in the past, you may qualify now and that prices may be lower. We urge everyone that is uninsured or underinsured to shop and compare marketplace health plans this open enrollment period.
Actions you may take:During open enrollment, you will have the ability to take the following actions:
- Enroll (if not currently enrolled but eligible),
- Add/Remove dependents (with proper documentation),
- Change plans when available, or
- Opt out of a plan
Where to apply:You have several options for applying and enrolling in 2023 Marketplace Health Coverage.
- Apply online at HealthCare.gov
- Enroll over the phone by calling 1-800-318-2596
- Send a paper application. The application can be found on HealthCare.gov.
- Apply with the help of a certified enrollment partner
We are here to help!We are a proud certified enrollment partner with CMS and have certified application counselors available to help you with your application. We are happy to be able to offer our patients help. To request your free appointment, please:
- Call 256-533-6311 ext. 2235 or click here.
- Create a Marketplace Online Account prior to arriving to your scheduled application appointment with us. You will create your account by visiting https://healthcare.gov/create-account
- Bring the information needed to complete your application, see below.
Information needed to apply:To apply or re-enroll in Marketplace coverage, you will need the following information:
- Your information (basic information including your DOB)
- Information about your household (the application will ask you about each person in your household).
- Home and/or mailing addresses
- Information about everyone applying for coverage
- Social Security Numbers for everyone on your application
- Immigration document information (this only applies to lawfully present immigrants)
- Information on how you’ll file your taxes
- Employer and Income Information
- Your best estimate of your household income
- Current Health Coverage Information
- Employer Information for each person in your household
- Health Reimbursement notice (this only applies if your household is offered an HRA through their employer).