Diabetes in Alabama
Did you know an estimated 31,000 Alabamians are diagnosed with diabetes every year?
In fact, diabetes is considered the seventh leading cause of death in the State (ADPH Diabetes). It is important that if you are affected by this condition you learn proper self-management to prevent serious complications. Although there is no cure for diabetes, there is a lot you can do to reduce its impact on your health.
Central North Alabama Health Services, Inc. has partnered with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System to host a free DEEP (Diabetes Empowerment Education Program) workshop this June 2022. The program is designed to be a fun and easy way to learn about this condition and is open to the public.
- Location: 1310 Pulaski Pike Suite C, Huntsville, AL 35816 (this is the building located next to Huntsville Family Health Center)
- Date: June 23, June 30, July 7, July 14, and July 21(5 Weeks)
- Time: 5:00-6:00pm
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Registration is required, register below.
- What is diabetes?
- Understanding the human body and diabetes
- Diabetes and exercise
- Prevention of diabetes complications
- Coping with diabetes
- And more!
Space is limited. Register Today!
Registration is now closed.
We’re here to help! For more information please call Kirsty Moorehead at 256-533-6311, ext. 2202.